Spina Bifida Association Malaysia (SIBIAM) was set up in 2007 as a non-profit organisation to look after the interest of children and adults with Spina Bifida and its related disorders. SIBIAM aims to improve the life chances of persons with Spina Bifida through practical and meaningful projects. Thus, they look to work collaboratively with parents, volunteers and medical personnel in representing the Spina Bifida community in Malaysia. SIBIAM work towards helping people with Spina Bifida realize an active, meaningful and independent life as members of the community through the following projects and programs:
- Building a resource center
- Creating awareness and Spina Bifida prevention campaigns
- Therapy and counseling services
- Revolving equipment library ( wheelchairs, standing frames, orthotics etc)
- Subsidy for catheters, catheter bags, diapers
- Education & Career guidance workshops etc.